Have you recently bought or moved into a new home or property in Dublin? With everything that can be stressful with buying and renting your home you would be surprised the percentage of people that forget to address their new home’s security.
- First thing that you should do is change the door locks.
- Secondly, make sure your change your house alarm pass codes if you have one.
- If you have a garage, get a new buzzer or reprogram the old one.
- Get new padlocks for side gates, shed doors and post boxes
- Re-key or Change your downstairs window locks
Security should be your first concern when you move into a new house.
Most people create spare copies of their keys, so the previous homeowners likely had a few extra sets that they gave to trusted neighbors, family members, friends, or even contractors. The idea of strangers having quick and easy access to my home is unsettling. Especially after moving into a new home, you want to feel safe and secure when you lockup for the night.
To have your locks changed or rekeyed, simply call Locktec Locksmiths Dublin a reliable, trustworthy locksmith. Over half of new homeowners don’t change or rekey their locks, but it’s hard to understand why. It’s a simple, quick, and affordable process. So don’t forget and don’t underestimate the importance of rekeying. If anything should happen in the years that follow this move, it will be hard to forgive yourself.